14 A- Halfway Reflection
Tenaciousness is a competency
One of the things I think I developed that really helped me with this course was to start thinking creatively. I had not started this course was any business concept in mind, yet by learning to look at things differently, and think creatively to see opportunity, I have now developed a business idea that I actually really like. A behavior that I used was being organized and staying on schedule. I plan all of my assignments two weeks in advanced, and plan when and where I will watch the lectures and work on them. An important part of this for me was looking at the assignments ahead of time, because often one week was not long enough for me to work on the assignments and get them done to the extent I wanted, especially in cases of having to interview people.
Tenaciousness is also about attitude
Tenaciousness is also about attitude
One moment I specifically remember was when having to come up with a business idea. Like I said before, when I started this course I actually didn't have any type of business idea in mind, and didn't even think I would need one (makes sense for an entrepreneurship class I know). So when it came to the business idea assignment I had nothing in mind, I struggled all week and just couldn't figure out one that was actually good and made sense. I didn't even come up with the final business idea until Thursday night, and the assignment was due Friday at noon. What really pulled me through with this was just reminding myself that successful entrepreneurs don't come up with that winning idea the first or second or even third time. There are a lot of ideas people have that fail, and that's just a part of this process. I think this really helped with a tenacious attitude because I was determined to put out a business idea that I actually enjoyed, and I did just that. There were multiple assignments where for the week prior I honestly didn't know what I was going to do or say, but when the time came I always pushed through and found a way to do it that I enjoyed.
My three tips are
1. Look at the assignments beforehand
I cannot stress this one enough, but look at the assignments, write them down, their due dates, and write down what assignments build off each other. Whether it be the assignments due this week or three weeks from now, writing down what the assignments are and if they relate to each other ahead of time is so helpful.
2. Work on the assignments beforehand
Building off of the first tip, don't only write down assignments and when they're due, but work on them throughout the week. There were a few times I hadn't worked on them, and come Thursday night I was up all night trying to finish all of these assignments. It is much easier to just do little parts (or even all of it if you can) earlier in the week, rather than try and cram it all in the night before.
3. Read the books in the reading list
Aside from two of them being assigned, the books listed provide a lot of good information. Reading more than what's assigned is definitely beneficial in developing a "tenacious mindset."

Hey Maddie,
ReplyDeleteI also didn’t realize how much creativity would really play into this course when I joined either! It’s really interesting to see how much you need to “think outside of the box” when taking on these assignments and creating business ideas, but organization plays a big part of developing business concepts and managing this course too. I agree coming up with a business idea has been hard, but you’re doing great!
Hi Madison,
ReplyDeleteI can also relate to you in the sense that this course has made me begin thinking creatively. Throughout the assignments in this course, I have noticed myself trying to think outside the box in many ways. Also, I agree with your tip completely in regard to working on the assignments beforehand. I have really tried hard this semester to stay ahead and complete work before due dates, and it has been very beneficial to my grades and the quality of work I am submitting.