16A- What's Your Secret Sauce?


My Human Capital:

1. I think I have very good people skills. I have worked in the service industry (in restaurants) since I was old enough to work. Working in this industry taught me to not only know how to speak and interact with people, the more they like you the better they tip, but also how handle bad situations in a way that they can still leave satisfied. My managers often applauded me on how I handled certain situations with customers when they were not happy.

2. I am generally a very positive person. I tend to look at problems that come up in a more positive light, and figure out how to solve them and move on, rather than dwell on the negatives.

3. I think I am also a very strong willed person. I am definitely someone that doesn't take no as an answer and will do whatever it takes to get where I want. Maybe this could be seen as a negative for some, but to me it is a positive attribute I give to myself because I know that I will not settle for things that aren't right or fair.

4. I really enjoy learning, so because of that I feel like I am pretty smart. If I don't know about something I do like to actually go and learn it. I have always actually enjoyed school, but also learning outside of it as well. I would say I'm very eager to learn and willing to try new things

5. I started and ran my own non-profit, maintained a 4.0 GPA, and worked 40 hours a week, while prepping for a physique competition, so I'm not sure if this is to say that I'm good at multitasking or what, but it's definitely something I take a lot of pride on being able to successfully do all of these things.

Interviews:

Links to Interviews

1. Aidan- He basically said that I am really fun and don't take life too seriously but can be serious when I need to. He also mentioned how much time I put into school and learning, and how my organizational skills help me manage all of the tasks I do.

2. Mom- My mom talked about my time management and organization skills. She mentioned how I like to learn and about my personality, making comments about how caring I am. She thinks I’m a motivated person and will find success in whatever I plan to do.

3. Dad- he talked a lot about my hard work and where it had gotten me. He mentioned getting into UF and the accomplishment that this was.

4. Josh- He talked about how driven I am, and how I am always successful in the things I want to achieve. He too talked about my organizational skills and how confident I am in what I do.

5. Gigi- Gigi said that I was one of the most motivated and driven people she knows. She made a comment about how I am always wanting to learn new things. She mentioned how I am able to manage doing multiple things at once, while still remembering to have fun doing so.

Reflection: 
I think me and the people I interviewed said a lot of the same things. There was a lot of mention about how I like to learn, and my organizational skills. I think the only real difference was I didn't really mention being fun/funny. I did mention being positive, which I think was a similar way for me to say that. The people that I interviewed all also had something to say about me being a hard worker. I feel like I did a pretty good job describing myself and my skills, and had pretty similar qualities listed as all the people that interviewed me.

Comments

  1. Hi Madison,

    I really liked reading your list on how you view yourself in terms of human capital- those are all really great qualities to have in general, and I’m glad you see them for yourself! It’s also very nice to see people who know you well think so highly of you, and I can see that being true in future employers of yours as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment