8A- Solving the Problem

My problem is that there are almost no in person stores that carry a variety of women's fitness apparel. Even when walking into the stores like Champs or Dillards, that have fitness apparel for women, they are (1) mostly made up of male items, especially for clothing, with little to no option for women, and (2) usually only have basic brands such as Nike and Adidas. One alternative option is LuluLemon, which does have a unique option for women, however the store carrie solely LuluLemon and is amongst one of the priciest fitness apparel brands. My solution, is a brick-and-mortar store that contains a variety of fitness brands, typically not available in stores.

This store will contain very famous online athletic wear brans such as Gym Shark, Alphalete, Buff Bunny, and more, as well as some of the normal traditional brands such as Nike and Adidas. The store will have not only the clothing items of these brands, but all aspects of fitness apparel. It will sell shoes, socks, water bottles, backpacks and duffle bags, hats, yoga mats, and clothing. It will provide customers with a change to actually feel and try on the products they usually online see online, as well more options than just the traditional basic Nike-like items. Because it is fitness based, there are also other opportunities that exists within the store. For example, there can be a fridge at the front that sells energy drink, waters, and protein shakes. There could also be potential for a snack bar area, that has healthy snacks pre-packaged or even home made. There is an opportunity to work with a supplement company and sell their products there. I think this could also have great potential if it were attached to something like a yoga studio, or cycling class. There are multiple opportunities to make revenue and meet other similar needs in this market, aside from just clothing.

Comments

  1. Hi Maddi. If there was a store that contained all of those brands in one place, I would be there in a heartbeat. I completely agree that there are no stores carrying a wide variety of women's fitness apparel. I personally love Lululemon and shop there very often, but I would really like a change considering that it is very expensive. I think it would be really cool to have a fridge at the front that sells fitness drinks because it would help set the mood within the store. Having classes at the store would also be an awesome addition and would help add life to the store. If this were a real thing, I would 100% take advantage of it. It is a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddi,

    Great idea to sell all of these trending athletic brands in person. I think girls tend to like to try on clothes before buying because we are picker about how things fit. I could see a brick-and-mortar store like the one you suggested doing really well in college towns specifically. In a place like Gainesville, we barely have any clothing stores compared to bigger cities, so this new store could totally take off. I think a cool way to test this hypothesis before opening a whole new store, is to create a little boutique inside of gyms or a pop-up location to try things out first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddi - I believe this is a viable solution to the unmet need that you have mentioned. I cannot think of any store myself that carries all of the brands you mentioned in one facility. However, it may be difficult because brands such as Alphalete and Gymshark typically only sell through their own distribution channels. If this could be worked out it presents a fantastic opportunity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment