18 A- Create a Customer Avatar

Customer Segment: women aged 18-30, with an interest in fitness/a healthy lifestyle

Picture of Customers: this is a campaign shoot from Buff Bunny Collection




Customer Avatar:



Age: a college student, early to mid twenties
Hobbies: working out, cooking, doing yoga, going to the beach, playing with animals, sorority, movie/game/wine nights, reading, traveling, Starbucks, writes a fashion and lifestyle blog, enjoys makeup
Car: White Jeep Grand Cherokee
Children: None yet, but wants 3, may even adopt- she does have two dogs, both she rescued from a shelter
TV Shows: Friends, The Bachelor, Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl
Books: likes classic romance novels, and life/self help books
Employment: a full-time student, she wants to be a nurse, currently works part time at a spa (only 2 days a week because school takes up a lot of time)
Typical Day: On days where she doesn't have to be up early for class or work, she likes to take the dogs on at least a 45 minute walk in the morning, she prefers to workout in the afternoon between 12-2pm and makes it into the gym at least 3 times a week, she typically goes to Starbucks in the morning, and sometimes even twice a day, she spends about an hour or two each day studying or completing assignments, and tries to call her parents every day or two

What do you have in common with the customer avatar? If you have anything in common with the avatar, do you think that is a coincidence? Why?

I think I have a lot in common with my customer avatar. Though we may not look exactly alike, we are roughly the same age, have some of the same hobbies, are both students, and watch some of the same shows. I don't think this is a coincidence at all. My business idea stems off of a need that I actually have that hasn't been met. Someone similar to me is actually who my ideal customer is. I think that it makes perfect sense that me and my customer avatar are so similar, because I feel as though I personally fit right into the segment/target market for this business. 


Comments

  1. Hey Maddi,
    I loved how you added a picture of a group of girls in workout clothes in order for us to really have a good idea of who your target audience is. Being able to visualize a group of girls who you aim to attract makes it easier to understand your target market. I think that I personally have a lot of the same hobbies as your ideal customer. I also love Gossip Girl and The Bachelor. Just like you, I seemed to have a lot in common with my ideal customer. Although a few little things here and there differed, I felt as though I fell into the same relative market segment as my ideal avatar. It seems like you were on the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddi,
    Great description about your prototypical customer. I'm glad you added the additional photo of the group of girls. I personally don't think the avatar that was suggested for the assignment gives a lot of information about the prototypical customer beyond skin and eye color. I like how even though your customer wears athletic clothes and cares about a healthy lifestyle, she doesn't seem to go to the gym a ton. 3 times a week is an easy benchmark that would include a larger target segment than just people who work out all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment