27 A- Reading Reflection No. 3
For this assignment I read about Steve Jobs
1. When reading about Steve Jobs I think what surprised me the most was that he messed around with LSD. I went into this not really knowing much about Steve Jobs. Obviously I know who he was, but when it came to the details of his life I didn't know to much. The way he treats a drug like LSD was so fascinating to me, I actually ended up going and watching some of his videos talking about it afterwards. I think I most admire just his work ethic really. He was a very hard working, and pursued what he was passionate about, and willing to put in the work for it. What I least admire about him was that he definitely had a selfish side to him. He treated people who didn't add value to his life or company very poorly. He definitely overcame failure, I mean the man was fired from his own company at one point, and look at where that company is today, and it's definitely because of him.
2. Steve Jobs had a lot of the competencies of a great leader. He was innovative and motivated his team to do better. He always had the best interest of the company in mind (sometimes so much so that this was even kind of a bad thing), he pursued his dream despite so many people thinking Apple would fail. I know many people say that Apple was at its best when it was being led by Jobs.
3. I definitely got confused when it came to learning how he treated his cancer. For someone as smart and successful as him, I really just didn't understand his process at all.
4. My first question would be if he could go back and get the treatment he was supposed to would he?
The second question would be, where there any points where he thought Apple would fail? If there was, what did he do about that?
5. I think his opinion of hard work would to be completely dedicated to your goal. Make sure you're knowledgable and passionate about it, because that will push you to work the hardest that you can. Hard work to him would mean making a lot sacrifices in order to get the job done. I defiantly agree with this to an extent. I think Steve Jobs put Apple over a lot of things, and that part I don't necessarily agree with.
1. When reading about Steve Jobs I think what surprised me the most was that he messed around with LSD. I went into this not really knowing much about Steve Jobs. Obviously I know who he was, but when it came to the details of his life I didn't know to much. The way he treats a drug like LSD was so fascinating to me, I actually ended up going and watching some of his videos talking about it afterwards. I think I most admire just his work ethic really. He was a very hard working, and pursued what he was passionate about, and willing to put in the work for it. What I least admire about him was that he definitely had a selfish side to him. He treated people who didn't add value to his life or company very poorly. He definitely overcame failure, I mean the man was fired from his own company at one point, and look at where that company is today, and it's definitely because of him.
2. Steve Jobs had a lot of the competencies of a great leader. He was innovative and motivated his team to do better. He always had the best interest of the company in mind (sometimes so much so that this was even kind of a bad thing), he pursued his dream despite so many people thinking Apple would fail. I know many people say that Apple was at its best when it was being led by Jobs.
3. I definitely got confused when it came to learning how he treated his cancer. For someone as smart and successful as him, I really just didn't understand his process at all.
4. My first question would be if he could go back and get the treatment he was supposed to would he?
The second question would be, where there any points where he thought Apple would fail? If there was, what did he do about that?
5. I think his opinion of hard work would to be completely dedicated to your goal. Make sure you're knowledgable and passionate about it, because that will push you to work the hardest that you can. Hard work to him would mean making a lot sacrifices in order to get the job done. I defiantly agree with this to an extent. I think Steve Jobs put Apple over a lot of things, and that part I don't necessarily agree with.
Hi Maddi,
ReplyDeleteThis was the first time reading about Steve Jobs and LSD. What if it helped him in vision the future of Apple's products? Steve Jobs has definitely changed the course of technology and human interaction with technology with his leadership and innovative mind. If I had the chance, I would ask him if he had any regrets related to his relationships or in general.
Hi Maddi, I did not know that Steve Jobs was associated with LSD! I always knew that he was a fantastic leader and an innovator, however I never knew that Steve Jobs was involved in drugs. I would also be curious to know his answer on whether or not he ever believed Apple would fail. It is crazy to think how big Apple is today from where it started.
ReplyDeleteHey Maddi,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I was able to read your reflection on this book because I really wanted to read it and never got around to it unfortunately, but I've learned a lot of interesting things just from your review! As you can guess, I also didn't know Steve Jobs experimented with drugs like LSD, but I guess you really do learn something new everyday. His resilience is also inspiring, and I hope to be able to read more about him and compare question answers